Cooling system is one of the systems that plays a very important role in a car. It helps the engine work at normal temperature and helps cool the engine best.
Therefore, a failure of the cooling system will cause the engine to overheat or may even lead to some unfortunate failures that will occur on machine parts. However, to be able to diagnose whether the cooling system has a problem or not is not simple.
Therefore, you should pay more attention to the expression when the car is operating and should check the cooling system regularly. Article below Thanh Phong Auto Please send to you 3 methods of testing the simplest cooling system, follow along!
Main Article Content
Share 3 Experiments on Testing Simple Cooling Systems
Method 1: Identify the problem
- Observe the cooling solution temperature meter.
Once the cooling system has a problem, the first indication that we can easily recognize it is the temperature clock on the taplo.
- In case if the engine is not overheated but the temperature value is higher than allowed, even if the temperature clock is within the allowable range, there is a possibility that there is a problem with the cooling system.
- Please turn off the machine immediately if you have a clock case in the red area, this time it shows that the engine is overheating.
- When the meter is in the green zone and the engine does not reach the correct operating temperature, cooling system problems can occur.
- The engine error light comes on when the cooling system has a problem
The "check engine" light is the next sign that you can rely on to know if the cooling system is having a problem or not. When the car has engine errors, then this light will be on. Then, so you can identify the error of the engine most accurately, you can use the OBD-II error code reader.
- Signs of leakage of coolant
When there is a pool of water under your car, it is a sign of leakage of coolant. This is also one of the very common signs that your car's cooling system is having problems. In case your engine is overheated, this leakage will occur.
You just need to touch your finger with the puddle and apply it on the white paper, if it is a coolant, it will be orange, pink or blue. If it is black or brown, it is engine oil, while the colorless case is water from the air conditioning system.
- Check the coolant container
Try checking the coolant container if you feel the coolant is showing signs of leaking. The test method is as follows:
- To be able to check the coolant tank, wait until your car's engine has completely cooled and then turn on the hood. The lines in the tank represent maximum coolant levels and minimum coolant levels.
+ Maybe you are interested The On-site Repair Process When The Vehicle Has Damaged ..
- If after a few days you check the level of coolant in the container and find it has decreased a little, it means that the solution is being burned or is leaking.
Method 2: Check the cooling system with naked eyes
- Do not work while the engine is still hot
In case when the engine is still too hot, there will be a lot of danger, so wait until the engine has cooled down.Then, check the cooling system for leaks.
- Wear protective gear when working.
Gloves and glasses are two indispensable protective equipment while you check the cooling system. To protect your hands from problems such as burns or scratches, you should use protective gloves, while the goggles help you protect your eyes from the spray of the cooling system that leaks into your eyes.
- Check the radiator cap (radiator cap).
The radiator cap (radiator cap) is also one of the common components in the cooling system or is damaged.
The radiator cap is similar to the pressure cooker's exhaust system, it has a cooling effect and releases the excess pressure that is usually accumulated in the cooling system, but it is inevitable if it is stuck or stuck. worn over time.
+ Maybe you are interested Distinguish Two Types Of Handbrake Cars Popular Today
One of the possible causes of a cooling system leak is that the radiator cap is covered with dirt, rust, or corrosion.
You can buy radiator covers at most auto parts shops, large and small, because they are quite cheap. And especially note that when the engine is still hot, do not open the radiator cap.
- If possible check the water pump.
If your water pump is damaged or leaking, then you should check the belt, because the water pump will usually be driven by a belt.
You will have to replace the belt if it is damaged. Or you can refer to the vehicle manual if you do not know the location of the water pump.
- Try to find faulty faults on the plumbing.
Damages to water pipes, such as: blocked pipes, broken pipes, etc. will also greatly affect the cooling system.
In particular, the cooling solution will be in shortage, lost when the water pipe has a crack condition, which contributes to the performance of the cooling system more clearly. You should replace both the belt and the plumbing system if they are rubbing together.
Maybe you do not know in places such as the lid or plumbing head often cracked phenomenon of water pipes. In addition, once the tube glue is corrupted is also one of the reasons for the cooling water to leak out.
Method 3: Should check common errors of cooling system
- Where should replace the cooling solution.
When your vehicle is in normal condition, there is no sign of a coolant leak but the engine is very hot, it may be due to the degeneration of the coolant.
Therefore, Thanh Phong Auto recommends that when your car has traveled from 30.000 to 60.000 km, you should immediately replace the cooling solution. And the steps to change coolant are as follows:
- First, at the bottom of the bolt radiator you should open it first, then drain the old coolant into a container.
- Next, you need to fill the cooling system with water and start the engine continuously for a few minutes to flush out dirty water and sediment out.
- Finally, you need to do this a few more times to be able to drain all the old solution out, then you can pour new coolant into the cooling system.
- Try to look for signs of damaged cap.
If there is a leak of coolant from the cover next to the exhaust pipe or when the engine is operating normally and white smoke appears, the lid may be damaged. So you need to look for signs of damage.
You should go to the car garage to blow the lid, because this job requires high-skilled techniques to do it and moreover it takes a lot of time to be able to do this job.
- Check how the thermostat valve works, is it good.
Based on the operating temperature of the engine, the constant temperature valve will be opened or closed. When the cooling fluid flows continuously through the radiator, and the engine is overcooled, the thermostat is stuck in the open position at this time. And vice versa, the thermostat valve is stuck in the closed position.
If the constant temperature valve is leaking, it will not be able to function normally.
- The error code should be identified by the OBD II error code reader.
In case when the "check engine" light suddenly comes on, you can pinpoint problems that occur by using the OBD-II diagnostic machine:
- You should plug the OBD-II in the port below the driver's side panel, at the same time the key and the diagnostic device you need to turn to the "on" button.
+ Maybe you are interested Share Things To Note When Repairing - Replacing Car Gearbox
- At that time, the scanner will show you an error code or error code for you to look up and some English description of that error code.
- Check the pressure of the cooling system.
- Attach and remove the radiator cap already in the car kit into place.
- If you want the gauge pressure to rise to a certain value and then the pressure does not increase, you need to attach the test tube to the cap and stuff the pump. Then what you need to do is wait a while and observe what the pressure on the watch looks like:
+ If the normal pressure does not increase or decrease, the cooling system does not leak the solution.
+ Left if the pressure decreases, the cooling solution is leaking and you need to take it to the garage for timely repair.
Above is 3 methods of testing the cooling system the most effective, the simplest Thanh Phong Auto would like to introduce to you. Hopefully, it will help you to check your cooling system more easily. In case you cannot test yourself, you can bring the car to Thanh Phong Auto, we will help you to check and fix the problem accurately and effectively.
See More Articles Sharing translation experiences Or Thanh Phong: