Suspension is the element that helps the movement of a car to have the necessary smoothness. During the operation of the vehicle, the suspension operating for a long time will often cause damage due to the location located in the underbody of the vehicle.
It is possible to capture damage from a car suspension due to sound cues and other signs, but there are also cases where the suspension is damaged but the owner not know even though know a lot about cars.
For that reason, if you want your car to operate well and ensure safety, you should take your car to maintenance and repair facilities so that you can promptly detect faults and take actions. Reasonable. Down here, Thanh Phong Auto Please share with you some of the damage that often appears in car suspension.
Main Article Content
Car Suspension and Common Types of Damage
1. Damage to the guide element
The role of the navigation unit:
- Determine the movement properties of the wheel against the tire frame.
- Receive and transmit torque between wheels and chassis.
Common types of failures of a guide are:
- Cylindrical and spherical joints show signs of wear.
- Sewing deformation: rotating pedestal, bridge beam, leaf tweezers, bracing, pedestal, ...
- The structural parameters, adjustments, stiffening lugs, ... may be wrong.
If your car's suspension encounters these problems, the tires will quickly wear out, the movement will be less stable, and the vehicle will lose its direction.
2. Damage to the elastic part
The resilient part facilitates oscillating wheels. The role of this department is to decide the frequency of the car to fit the appropriate frequency range for the user, so that the vehicle is guaranteed smoothness when moving.
Elastic parts are susceptible to damage to:
Reduced stiffness: this problem causes the car body height to be reduced, when braking or accelerating, the possibility of hard impact will also increase. At the same time, the elastic part is reduced stiffness also increases the speed of body oscillation, deteriorating the smoothness and making noise when the vehicle operates.
Pinch the tweezers due to running out of grease to increase the stiffness: When this part is twisted, the tweezers when moving on unstable roads, your car will shake strongly, lose smooth movement.
Broken elastic parts due to work overload or fatigue of materials:
- When intermediate leaves are broken: reduced hardness.
- In case the main tweezers are broken, the role of the guide element loses.
- A helical spring or a broken bar will lose the effect of the elastic.
- Broken dock increases stiffness, broken spleen softens elastic parts so that the load acting on elastic parts increases.
- The noise in the suspension system then increased, making the car operating environment worse.
- Loosen the links that make noise, disrupt the bridge, making it difficult to control.
3. Damage at the damper
Oscillation of wheel and body are extinguished by this part. Therefore, the road is better grip, smoothness and stability when operating vehicles also increased.
Common failures in dampers are:
- Worn cylinders and pistons: These two parts together with the ring or seals act as a guide and seal the oil chamber. When these parts wear out, the oil can flow through the middle of their gap causing the loss of vibration quenching effect to fade.
- Open sealing and oiling of dampers: reduces damping effect. At the same time, it also leads to pushing the oil out, quickly reducing the pressure and dragging the dirt outside.
- Damper valve jam: when oil is missing.
- Oil degenerates after a period of use: when there is water or chemical impurities mixed in easily makes the oil lose its ability to dampen or block the damping.
- Lack of oil or running out of oil: this time the hardness of the dampers gets worse. Some other cases may cause seizure dampening, axial bending.
- Rubbing rubber joints: observing the links will be able to detect this problem. When encountering this problem, cars running on bad roads will be hit hard, accompanied by noise.
4. Damaged wheel
Wheels are also part of the suspension. Wheel during operation will encounter damage such as:
- Cracked and inflated tires.
- Worn out in the middle.
- Worn out on both sides.
- Tires deformed tires.
- Concave car tires.
- Flat spots.
- Deflected one side.
5. Damaged stabilizer bar
The types of failures encountered by stabilizer bars:
- Damage in the form of linked attacks.
- The rubber backrest pillows seem to be crushed.
- The rigidity of the stabilizer bar is likely to decrease.
- Damaged stabilizer bars will have consequences similar to those of the elastic parts in the case of tilted cars or on-road vehicles in the form of "rapids".
Typical consequences include:
- Make a loud sound when the car is running, causing vibrations in the wheel area or in the trunk.
- The body is saggy, buckled or reduced in height.
- Fast tire wear, uneven wear.
- The damper cover is overheated, with oil flowing over it.
Damages to the car's suspension system, if left unattended for a long time, can cause abnormal phenomena in other systems. This not only affects the quality of operation, aesthetics of the car but also reduces the comfort level when you are in the car. Therefore, regular inspection and maintenance of car suspension system to carry out early replacement when detecting abnormal phenomena is absolutely essential.
Thanh Phong Auto is the place that brings you car maintenance and repair services to ensure the prestige, quality, economical and effective way today.
HEAD OFFICE: ONE MEMBER CO., LTD THANH PHONG AUTO
793 / 57 / 3 KP4 Tran Xuan Soan, Tan Hung Ward, Q.7, Ho Chi Minh City
1260 Le Van Luong, Commune Phuoc Kien, Nha Be District, Tp. Ho Chi Minh
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (028) 3775.5429 - Fax: (028) .3775.1046
Hotline: 0934.797.179 - 0913.11.9393 - 0931.796.790 - 0931.797.790
Customer Care Center: 0934.222.763
See More Other Articles Along Category General Other: