Main Article Content
Departure method when starting to learn to drive a car
The method of departure in the process of learning to drive a car (flat road), one of the basic problems in driving techniques is departure and stopping. To start and stop the car properly technically, you need to know the rhythmic coordination between the gas pedal and the clutch pedal. If the coordination is not good, the engine is easily shut off or shaken. When starting (the engine is exploding), the following operations should be carried out:
- Safety check around the car.
- Depress clutch pedal all the way.
- Enter the number “1 ″: enter the correct number.
- Release the hand brake: When the light is off, the handbrake has been released.
- Check the safety around the car, signal by horn, lights before starting.
- Increase the throttle to a sufficient level to start.
- Release slowly to 1/2 stroke of clutch pedal (half clutch release) and hold for about 3 seconds, then both increase the gas and release all clutch to let the car run.
Speed reduction method
Reduce speed with engine brake
When the car is moving on the road, to reduce the speed, you need to release the accelerator pedal so that the engine works in idle mode. At this moment, inertia and friction in the system will reduce the speed of motion of the car. This is called engine braking. When dangerously steep downhill or running on slippery roads, to ensure safety, the engine braking method, the lower the gear shift, the higher the braking efficiency.
Reduce speed with car brake
Brake to slow down: Release the gas pedal to brake the engine and then move the foot from the gas pedal to the brake pedal and apply the brake pedal appropriately so that the car speed decreases as required. In this case, the clutch should not be cut.
Brakes to stop cars: If the obstacle brakes are far away, brake lightly; If the obstacle is too close, apply emergency brakes. To prevent the engine from turning off, the brake must be turned off when the brake is turned off.
Reduce speed by method of brake transmission
When the car is moving down a long slope or on a slippery road, to ensure safety, it is necessary to combine both engine braking (low gear shift) and foot braking, even in 1, in dangerous cases, handbrake must be used. .
Method of stopping when learning to drive a car
When learning to drive a car, a car is on the road, if you want to stop, you need to slow down by braking and reducing the gear. The stopping order is as follows:
- Check the safety around.
- Stop signaling: turn on the right way.
- Check back on safety, especially behind.
- Release the gas pedal.
- Depress clutch pedal to brake pedal: When the car is about to park, the clutch pedal needs to be turned off, then brake to fix the car to the parking spot.
- Pull the hand brake firmly.
- Set the gear: When parked on a flat and uphill road, set the “1 X; if parked on a level road and sloping down, set the reverse gear. Adjust the steering wheel so that the front wheel is inward.
- Turn off the engine. Release the clutch.
- Release the brake pedal. Pull the key, get off the car and lock the door. When necessary, insert wheels.