With concerns to make cars more environmentally friendly, less wear and tear, more fuel efficient and more suitable for urban transport, electric cars were born as a new solution. Electric cars (Electric vehicle) are assembled by one or more electric motors replacing the internal combustion engine. These cars use a traction battery pack to power the electric motor and must be plugged in to charging stations or the grid.
To better understand the construction of electric cars, Thanh phong Please find out in the following article.
Market segment of electric cars is increasingly diverse and plentiful. Electric cars are gradually becoming popular and waiting for future boom. It is usually more expensive than regular cars, despite its similar design, but saves fuel and receives incentives from the state.
The construction of an electric car
1. Extra battery: Extra batteries are an integral part of electric cars. It is an auxiliary battery that supplies power to the operating vehicle parts.
2. Charging port: The charging port is a place directly connected to an external power source to fully charge the battery.
3. DC / DC converter: In order for the car's equipment to work and the battery to be charged, this transformer must be used to convert high voltage DC power from battery to low voltage DC source.
4. Electric motor / Electric motor: Use energy from batteries and electric motors to drive the wheels. To drive and recover energy some other types of electric cars also use a combination of engines and generators.
5. Onboard charger: Use the AC power supplied via the charging port and convert them into DC power to charge the battery. It is used to monitor battery voltage, current, temperature and charging status.
6. Power electronics controller: To control motor speed and torque, this device must manage battery current.
7. Thermal system (Thermal System): This system maintains the proper temperature to cool the electric motor / motor & other parts.
8. Battery pull set: Store electricity to supply motor.
9. Transmission (electric) - Transmission (electric): The system transmits the entire amount of electrical energy generated from the beginning to the end is the wheels. The powertrain determines the car's flexibility and the driver's experience along the way.
The operating range of electric cars.
Electric cars will have a shorter range of charge after a full charge than a normal fueled car. The efficiency and driving range of electric vehicles depend a lot on the exterior.
The non-ideal outside temperature will reduce the range of electric cars because more power is used to adjust the cabin temperature.
Increasing the speed will make the range decrease because the amount of electricity needed to help the car overcome the increased wind resistance, to accelerate smoothly, sudden acceleration also reduces the range of the vehicle.
Heavy loads or steep inclines also reduce range because of energy consumption.
Above Thanh Phong Auto has briefly introduced to you the basic structure of electric cars. Thanh phong is a warranty, maintenance, repair and supply unit for genuine cars. If you need to take care of your electric car, come to Thanh Phong. We will bring you good service to bring satisfaction above expectation.
See More Great Articles At General Blog Of Thanh Phong: