Car coolant is a cooling solution for car engines, which plays an important role in making the car's engine work best. Because this is an important solution, it should be regularly checked and replaced to avoid the case that the water coolant tank is exhausted and the engine of a hot car is in danger of explosion.
In fact, drivers often pay attention to lubricants without paying proper attention to car coolant. The following Thanh Phong Auto Please send you the most basic information about engine coolant.
Main Article Content
Learn About Car Engine Water Cooling
1. Age of using engine coolant.
The life cycle of engine coolant depends on regional climate, road quality and driving skills. Therefore, drivers are advised to practice the habit of checking regularly. If the state runs out of water, the parts will heat up causing decomposition, clogging the engine.
- Change engine coolant after the first 160.000km since the wheelchair.
- The next times the distance of about 40.000 km.
- Regular use of the same engine coolant is best.
2. Differentiate the types of engine coolant.
On the market today there are many types of engine coolant. The older generation engine coolant is green and most of the new generation engine coolant is blue that we often see on Mercedes and BMW cars.
The basic difference between the two types of cooling water is the chemical composition between them. For engine coolant in red, blue or yellow: They belong to the line of environmentally friendly solutions and are produced in large quantities due to national policy.
Recommended article: 2 noted when repairing and maintaining car coolers
- Engine coolant usually contains many toxic chemical components, so it should be kept out of reach of people and creatures.
- When proceeding to pour coolant into the engine while the interior is still, choose the same type of coolant, the same car that you are using.
- The mixing ratio between cooling water and water is 3/2.
- Do not use rain water to cool the engine.
3. The basic step procedure replaces the cooling water for the engine that has a problem.
Step 1: Carry out the old cooling water discharge.
- Please open the radiator cap.
- Proceed to lift the car, open the drainage hole for the water in the tank to flow out.
- Close the outlet and fill the flask with plain water.
- Done, close the radiator cap.
- Run the car for about 5 minutes to allow water to circulate in the cooling system.
- Proceed off, let the engine cool down.
Step 2: Proceed to pour cooling water into the engine.
- Proceed with opening the lid, then start the engine until the radiator area bubbles, then the water level in the jar will be lowered gradually. You should regularly observe the heat meter to avoid excessive motor overheating.
- Proceed to add the reconstituted solution to the radiator and filler.
- Close the lid.
- If the appliance is still hot, it is advisable to add liquid, as the condensed gas may still not drain.
- Remove old coolant and store it in a suitable place.
Recommended for you: Test your safe pressure in 5 easy steps
4. The basic notes when changing engine coolant.
When changing engine coolant, you need to remove the cover of the auxiliary water tank. Then we have to add a solution of a mixture mixed with a ratio of 1: 1 between cooling water and distilled water in the water tank.
- Fill the water until the water level reaches the standard mark.
- Clean water can be used in this case, but it needs quick replacement.
- During later vehicle operation, you should regularly check. In the average bottle, the cooling water level is always between 2 lines Full and Low.
* Note: When the cooling water level in the secondary water tank is lower than the allowed limit, it must be added to the water. And we should use the solution as directed by the manufacturer, do not arbitrarily add cooling additives because this is easy to damage the car and you will not be warranted by the manufacturer.
Hopefully, with the information from Thanh Phong provided above, it will help to gain more knowledge in taking care of your beloved driver. If you want to find a quality and reputable car maintenance and repair unit, you can contact Thanh Phong's service. Thanh Phong Auto will surely bring you absolute satisfaction with its services.
See More Great Articles At General Blog Of Thanh Phong: