With the development of technology like today, the number of automotive sensors is one of the biggest developments and booms of technology.
In the electronic control system, the type of automotive sensor is the most basic part, it has the effect of converting into electrical signals to supply to the central control unit. Also note the chemical changes as well as the physical changes for the central part.
Main Article Content
- 1 Learn The Function Of Sensors In Cars
- 1.1 A / TYPES OF SENSOR IN CARS
- 1.2 B / SOME TYPES OF SENSORS USED IN THE PROVISION OF SIGNALS FOR MOTOR CONTROL
- 1.2.1 1. Pulse sensor - crankshaft
- 1.2.2 2. Camshaft position sensor.
- 1.2.3 3. Intake air sensor.
- 1.2.4 4. Sensor inside / outside cabin / intake temperature.
- 1.2.5 5. Coolant temperature sensor.
- 1.2.6 6. Throttle position sensor
- 1.2.7 7. Detonation sensor
- 1.2.8 8. Feed pipe pressure sensor.
- 1.2.9 9. Oxygen sensor
- 1.3 C / TYPES OF SENSOR BELONGING TO MEANS CONTROL SYSTEM
- 1.4 D / TYPES OF SENSORS HELPING ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Learn The Function Of Sensors In Cars
A / TYPES OF SENSOR IN CARS
1. Position sensor (Distance / angle)
Position sensors are used in cars for the purpose of recording:
- Position of the slope angle.
- Position of camshaft.
- The position of the throttle.
- The position of the steering angle.
- Location of the fuel level in the tank.
- The position of the brake pedal or the gas pedal.
- Position of injection angle and distance in high pressure pump (diesel).
- The effects of radar sensors and ultrasonic sensors used in cars:
- Help drivers get information by supporting signaling.
- Help determine the distance from the vehicle to the obstacles.
2. Speed and speed sensor
- Speed and speed sensors in cars are used for the purpose of determining:
- The problem of high pressure pump.
- Speed of camshaft.
- Speed of wheels.
- Speed of crankshaft.
- There is also a sensor in this category that is deflection sensor, this type of sensor has 2 main tasks: Deflection sensor provides information to the electronic balance system ESP. In order to detect the rotation of the vehicle's main axis.
3. Acceleration sensor
Function of accelerometer sensor: Used in driving stabilization systems such as ASP, ABS and in passive safety systems such as roll bars, airbags, seat belts, in chassis control, to help record the bar's acceleration vehicle.
4. Pressure sensor
Car pressure sensors are used to:
- Determine the value of tire pressure.
- Determine the intake value / suction pressure.
- Determine the pressure value of the oil tank.
- Determine the value of brake pressure and fuel pressure.
- Determine the change in pressure in the automatic transmission.
- Determine the pressure of the cooling medium.
5. Temperature sensor.
A car temperature sensor is a type of sensor used to:
- Determine the temperature of the indoor unit.
- Determine the temperature of the intake air unit.
- Determine the temperature of lubrication on the engine.
- Determine the temperature of the cooling water.
- Determine the outside and inside temperatures of the carbin.
- Determine the air temperature in the tire department.
6. Torque sensor and force sensor
Torque sensors and load cells in cars are used to:
- Determine the weight of the people in the car.
- Determine the force of the pedal.
- Determine steering torque and braking force.
7. Flow sensor
The in-car flow sensor is used to capture the air and fuel required by the engine.
8. Emission sensor
Emission sensor functions:
Discover the content of harmful substances that exist in fuel or intake gas.
Record the components that exist in the exhaust, including NOx and oxygen sensors.
B / SOME TYPES OF SENSORS USED IN THE PROVISION OF SIGNALS FOR MOTOR CONTROL
1. Pulse sensor - crankshaft
Pulse sensors - the crankshaft is responsible for capturing the position of the crankshaft and the speed of the engine. Controllers use these values to be able to calculate ignition and injection pulses.
2. Camshaft position sensor.
The camshaft position sensor is designed to be placed on the lid of the machine and at the same time, the camshaft sweeps a ring gear. This sensor in cars works:
- Determine the position of the camshaft so that you can determine the time of fuel injection or the time of ignition accurately.
- Determine the top dead point of the machine or the number 1
3. Intake air sensor.
This type of sensor is installed between the intake manifold and the housing of the air filter, which measures the amount of air absorbed by the engine. In order to calculate the amount of fuel needed to supply the engine, this type of variable will provide the basis, while ensuring that the A / F ratio is consistent.
4. Sensor inside / outside cabin / intake temperature.
The task of this type of sensor is to capture the temperature around the air. These sensor values can be measured to be the calibration value for the injection system or used to control different types of systems. The air temperature to be measured will be a factor in determining the installation location.
5. Coolant temperature sensor.
This type of sensor is mounted in a screw cooling system, its probe protrudes into the coolant and records its temperature. The controller will use the measured values so that it can adjust the amount of fuel pumped into the engine.
6. Throttle position sensor
The throttle position sensor is used to monitor the throttle opening angle and is designed to be attached to the throttle shaft. From there, the engine's electronics will calculate the reasonable amount of fuel injected based on a number of other factors.
7. Detonation sensor
- When the end temperature and pressure is too high, at the same time, before the spark plug ignites, the mixture ignites. At this time, there will be an explosion phenomenon, uncontrolled burning occurs in the cave gasoline engine.
- The engine can be damaged by constant knocking caused by the detonation, so it needs to be checked and adjusted in time. The motor controller adjusts the ignition point within the percussion limit, helping to evaluate the voltage signals it receives from the detonation sensor.
8. Feed pipe pressure sensor.
Task of intake pipe pressure sensor type:
- Measure the vacuum of the throttle assembly.
- Transfer vacuum in the form of a signal to the engine control.
- When the value of the air temperature sensor is combined with this, the amount of air drawn at this time will be calculated.
9. Oxygen sensor
In order to ensure optimal combustion mixture at all times, the oxygen sensor will measure the remaining oxygen content in the exhaust gas. In particular, the oxygen content of the exhaust gas and some chemical elements deflect the voltage, the ECU signal is received later and the injection amount will be adjusted to be most suitable.
C / TYPES OF SENSOR BELONGING TO MEANS CONTROL SYSTEM
1. Wheel speed sensor
The signal transmitted from the wheel speed sensor will be used to control the GPS system as well as the ASR and ABS safety systems. From there can calculate the distance traveled.
2. Gearbox sensor
The gearbox sensor is used to record the input and output speed of the gearbox, at which time the speed signal will be received from the control unit, calculated and simultaneously adjusted the oil pressure of the solenoids at the gear shift and thereby to decide the appropriate gear ratio.
3. Distance sensor
Driving speed record is a function of this type of sensor. Distance sensor is designed to mount on bridge or gearbox. The information they collect for the speedometer, transmission control system and cruise control system is really necessary.
4. Coolant level sensor / Lubrication oil level sensor.
For enhanced comfort and operational safety, coolants, glass washes and engine oil levels must be monitored by sensors. The motor controller will activate the indicator light when the level sensors send signals to.
5. Brake pads wear sensor.
The brake pads abrasion sensor is located above the brake pads layer with the same wear characteristics. The signal light will be on so the driver will know when a certain threshold is reached.
6. Types of safety sensors
The information that these types of safety sensors provide will be the basis for the functions of many passive and active safety systems.
Because of the improvement in the development of new sensors, driver assistance and safety systems have shown signs of continuous increase in recent years.
Therefore, the type of safety sensor plays an extremely important role in improving the safety of the operators.
D / TYPES OF SENSORS HELPING ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Not only contribute to making vehicles safer during transportation, but the types of sensors also help protect the environment most thoroughly. It works to provide basic information that can burn clean fuel and is very effective for the engine, thereby significantly reducing fuel consumption as well as the value of emissions into the environment.
Moreover, the sensors also help to support the operation of the system to treat exhaust gases efficiently.
Above is the article Thanh Phong Auto shares with you about the sensor types in the car. Hopefully with the information that we shared above will be useful to you. If your car has any problems during use, please rest assured to bring it to Thanh Phong Auto. Thanh Phong is proud to be the place where many people believe in the repair, maintenance and supply of auto parts.
See More Interesting Posts From General Blog Of Thanh Phong: