The lubricating pump is an important part of engine lubrication system, driven by crankshaft through gears. This part is responsible for creating the pressure to bring the lubricant throughout the engine's internal components so that they operate smoothly and stably.
Lubrication pumps are often rarely damaged, but if problems occur, it greatly affects the performance of the engine.
With the article below Thanh Phong Auto will share with you the causes, signs of damage and experience in repairing and repairing oil pumps for cars. Let's go find out.
Main Article Content
1. The cause of motor oil lubrication is broken
- Due to working for a long time, due to lubrication in the lubricant.
- Gear is broken, worn during operation.
- Gaskets are torn.
- Small details such as broken bolts or loose threads.
- Disassemble procedures for cleaning or improper inspection.
- Leaking oil, lack of lubricant makes the engine overheat, causing explosion or being hard to operate.
- Low viscous pressure causes friction on the conical base, lacking lubricant for the details.
- Loose or unreliable tightening force causes the contact surfaces to warp.
2. Signs indicate a problem with the oil pump
- Engine temperature increases: The reason is that the oil pump does not create enough pressure to bring automotive lubricant to engine components. When there is a shortage of engine oil, more friction will result in an increase in the engine's internal temperature.
- Viscous pressure drop: This is considered a basic sign to identify if the oil pump is damaged because a viscous oil pressure light is on to let you know. The reason is that the broken oil pump causes the pressure drop to not create enough pressure to move the engine throughout the engine components.
- The oil pump causes strange noises: This is because the gears can be worn and broken, thereby creating cries that you can hear when the engine is running.
- Increase difficulty speed: When you press the accelerator pedal and the engine responds slowly, you have to press harder than usual to get to the speed. You should immediately check for clogging in the nozzle, air filter or fuel line leak. By using the process, the fuel pipe can leak, causing the lubrication pump weak and clogged to make the vehicle operate under the designed capacity.
- The hydraulic squadron cried out: This is a very important part, it needs enough viscosity to work correctly and smoothly. If the amount of lubricant supplied is not up to the machine cover, the hydraulic unit will malfunction and cause a noise.
3. How to repair - restore the car oil pump
Process to remove the viscous pump
- Remove the rod pipe, visit the lubricant.
- Remove the pump from the motor.
- Remove the pump body cap base.
- Remove the pump rotor.
- Remove hi oil valve from pump body.
Check - repair lubricant pump
Use the naked eye to check:
- It is necessary to check whether the pump cover, shaft, gears are cracked or chipped.
- Check the safety valve, whether the gaskets are torn.
Use the device: Use a flat brush and align the leaf.
- Check gear head clearance with pump cap: allowable limit is 0,1 (mm).
- Check the top of the passive gear tooth and the back of the crescent surface: the allowable limit is 0,35 (mm).
Repair of motor oil viscosity
- If the gear is chipped, worn out, it should be replaced.
- Pump cap cracked, cracked or bent, then replaced.
- If the buffer is torn, replace it and choose a small thickness.
- If the gap of the gear head and the pump cover is greater than 0,1 (mm), we must sharpen Flat mounting of pump body and replacing gears.
Note: When removing the viscous pump to clean by the debris that makes the pump weak or clogging the pump, do not scratch the pump or the pump gears because these are details that need high precision.
Hopefully the information we share above will help you to get the best driver. If you do not have much experience in repairing automotive components, especially motor oil pumps, you should take the car to Thanh Phong Auto so that it can be supported promptly and ensure the repair is performed smoothly. The best.
See More Articles Sharing translation experiences Or Thanh Phong: