Electric cars are known as electric plug cars There is repulsive force from the activity of one or more electric motor. These cars use energy stored in car chargers.
The electric cars are increasingly being popular use In the world. Therefore, different types of electric cars have been born to serve different needs of customers.
To help you better understand each type of electric car, in this article Thanh Phong Auto will introduce 3 types of electric cars available on the market. Subscribe to this article!
At present, the electric car market is classified into the following three categories:
- BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle).
- PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle).
- HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle).
Let's go with Thanh Phong to find out each specific vehicle!
Main Article Content
Features of Electric Cars on the Market Today
1. Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
Battery type electric cars Electric Vehicle (BEV) also owns the name EV (Electric Vehicle). BEV electric cars are powered by Fully electric motor and maybe recharged by battery. Of course, this type of vehicle will not require any operation of the gasoline engine.
- Battery Electric Vehicle is a vehicle that is charged at large capacity batteries, used to run electric motors and other electrical elements.
- The advantage of this electric car is that it does not emit toxic gases that affect the environment.
- BEV cars are powered by external sources. Based on the fast or slow charge of each vehicle to divide the charger.
- Level 1 loader:
- Use 120V output power (family).
- Recharge nearly 80 miles over 8 hours.
- Can be loaded at home, at work.
- Most BEVs use Level 1 chargers.
- Level 2 loader:
- Using 240V power of special stations: offices, public charging stations.
- Recharge nearly 80 miles over 4 hours.
- Level 3 loader:
- Also known as DC quick loader.
- Be the best choice for loading speed of BEV vehicles.
- This loader is available at specialized stations.
- Recharge nearly 90 miles for half an hour.
- Tesla Model 3, BMW i3 or Chevy Bolt vehicles can be loaded with this charger.
Maybe you are interested Cleaning - Maintenance of car interiors
2. Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) applies to its operation regenerative brakes or external power source to recharge the battery.
- Can travel 10-40 miles without the help of a gasoline engine (normal hybrid car: 2 - 4 miles)
- Some types of PHEV electric cars: Ford C-Max Energi, Ford Fusion Energi, Mercedes C350e, ...
3. Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) is an electric car that operates on a combination of combinations electric motor and traditional gasoline engine.
- The brakes will generate electrical energy to recharge the vehicle battery. This is a regenerative braking system: an electric motor slows down the car and transmits part of the energy to generate heat through the braking system.
- HEV electric cars start thanks to electric motors, and gasoline engines when they realize the load or speed increase will automatically disconnect.
- Electric motors are operated by computers on vehicles to minimize the amount of fuel in each condition.
- Several types of HEV electric cars are available: Toyota Prius Hybrid, Honda Civic Hybrid, Toyota Camry Hybrid, ....
The types of electric cars presented by Thanh Phong here own these Various features. However each type is promoting these own outstanding advantages mine.
Hopefully, this article will help you understand and own more useful information about the electric car market.
Maybe you are interested Interior Car Care
See More Articles Sharing translation experiences Or Thanh Phong: